For years Invisalign has been an effective alternative to traditional braces. Many patients report great results from Invisalign treatment, sharing how easy the process was and how satisfying the results were. Having said that, plenty of misconceptions still surround the clear aligners. Despite the success stories, these Invisalign myths may turn potential patients off the treatment. In an effort to clear the air surrounding Invisalign, we’ve decided to debunk these myths and back them up with straight facts.
Here at Kraus Orthodontics, we’re committed to providing our Allen, TX patients with the best in orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is a popular treatment among many, and we’d hate for these Invisalign myths to alter one’s perception of this great treatment. Let’s debunk these myths once and for all!
Top 5 Invisalign Myths and the Facts Behind Them
From the time treatment takes to the types of issues it can correct, numerous misconceptions exist regarding treatment with Invisalign, and most of them are simply untrue. The truth is, Invisalign is a great option for those who qualify and it has some advantages over traditional braces. Let’s take a look at the top 5 Invisalign myths, provided with the facts below:
- Invisalign only works for minor issues: Though Invisalign can’t do everything traditional braces can, the clear aligners can actually correct a range of issues and, as technology has progressed, Invisalign can correct more issues than ever, from misaligned teeth to crossbites to overbite etc.!
- Invisalign is way too expensive: For most patients, treatment through Invisalign is actually reportedly similar to that of traditional braces. Some patients even claimed to have paid less for Invisalign.
- Treatment takes too long: With all of the digital planning that occurs, Invisalign treatment can actually be faster than that of traditional braces, with many patients completing treatment in 12 months or less.
- The trays make you talk funny: Some patients do experience difficulty with speech within the first few days of wearing their aligners, but this is only short term. You’ll get used to them in no time!
- Results don’t stand up to metal braces: Though it could depend on the experience of your dentist or orthodontist, Invisalign results are often just as stunning as those from traditional braces. Dr. Kraus has the skills and expertise to help you achieve fantastic results!
Invisalign Facts and Benefits
While we’ve debunked these Invisalign myths with facts, we’d still like to refresh our patients on the benefits of Invisalign. Treatment with Invisalign has grown in tremendously in popularity over the past few years, as more patients discover its advantages over metal braces.
For one, the clear aligners are nearly invisible, which is a major concern regarding traditional braces. Also, because the aligners can be removed, eating your favorite foods and maintaining your teeth can be done without any issue. Quite often, the treatment time is even shorter than that of metal braces! Clearly, the myths above have been laid to rest!
Interested in Invisalign? Call Us Today!
Now that we’ve laid myths to rest, you may be more interested in treatment with Invisalign. If so, you can contact us to find out if you’re an ideal candidate. If you’re not, no need to worry. Traditional braces, either metal or clear, are still a great way to perfect your smile—if not the best! Call us today at 469.619.9959.